Events

December 30, 2010

Spin me!

I remember this world globe we had growing up that was colorful and had the topography of the mountains, and we always used to spin it and ask where our adventures would end up. I wonder what happened to that globe? I liked it. Mom, any ideas? So, I am forever on the hunt for a perfect globe that I can spin, shove my finger into and start planning my escape! 

A little inspiration:

Via Design Dazzle

Source Unknown
India Hicks featured in Domino Magazine
Aidlin Darling Design, LLP via Houzz.com

Benoit Vieubled via Inhabitat


I found a bunch of globes. I think if I were to really commit to this globe finding thing, I would check out the flea markets, etsy, ebay and thrift stores to find a gem. I am on the hunt.















I love the chalkboard globe. You can DIY by finding an inexpensive globe, spray painting it with Chalkboard paint (range of colors), free hand (if you are brave) or print out a map of each continent with/without countries and trace it on to the globe with transfer paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...